Revising the bucket list
This post is for my own benefit – you’re welcome to read it but I’m posting it here to make it more real for me.
I love holidays. I haven’t had enough of them in the last couple of years… partly through having a RIDICULOUS number of weddings + wedding related things to go to in the last couple of years… anyway… I just got back from a great little break to Lanzarote with 2 friends where I spent some of the time surfing, volcano exploring, eating great food and pondering my life to-do list.
The list has been a bit neglected recently, time for a refresh!
So, I sat in the sun and rewrote it.. my first decision being that it will only ever have 10 things on it maximum. This seems like a good round number to me.
I started by thinking about and writing down some of the things I’d like to change/improve and experience – this mission statement of sorts was in 3 parts: health, wealth and happiness.
It’s a very personal list, that I made SMART (Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic Time-specific). From this and a few extras I wrote my to-do / bucket list:
- Go into space & experience weightlessness
- Own a campervan
- Travel more (inc. the pyramids, Machu Pichu, Paris, New York, Area 51…)
- Reach the BSA Silver level 1 in surfing
- Buy a second property
- Get married – any single Zooey Deschanel-a-likes out there? get in touch! 🙂
- Finish and publish the YRNB book
- Cycle John O’Groats to Lands End
- Complete the 3 peaks challenge
- Be a world record holder
Do you have a bucket list?