new years resolutions for 2007
One of the great things about having your own blog, is being able to look back to find things you might of otherwise lost/forgotten… from favourite youtube clips you shared with the world, to pictures of holidays and… dum dum duuuuh… last years new year resolutions…
Lets see how I did shall we?
1) Pier to Pier swim – physically this is quite a toughy, I WILL do it! (July)
– SUCCESS, raised £300+ and did it in 1 go.
2) Release an EP on a digital label
– FAIL – doh… didn’t make much time to work on tunes. One for 2008?
3) Australia for a month (Nov-ish)
– SUCCESS, wooo and a bit o’ thailand too.
4) Snog Cat Deeley / Jennifer Anniston or Jessica Alba (hmmmm)
– SUCCESS.. in my dreams… although I did gain a gorgeous super girl of my own (awww)
5) Buy freehold for this place – RTM company papers signed… on track!
– WIP (work in progress).. outside of my control one of the flats was repossessed, until the final owner is onboard this has to go on hold.
6) Buy another flat – this is a biggy, people keep telling me it can’t be done… damn you now I MUST make it happen!
– FAIL my choice though, I decided it was better to wait out the property market for a bit and ensure I wouldn’t be stretching myself too far too soon… another to consider for 2008… property market allowing of course!
7) Complete Master Practitioner NLP course (£2k… yikes)
– SUCCESS – Finished in Feb, without spending £2k either, tidy.
8) London to Brighton bike ride – Mr M did it last year… I’m with you this year chap! (June?)
– FAIL – Diary failure actually, stupid weddings…
9) Go to a football/rugby match – weird eh? Never been to one
– FAIL – completely forgot about this one, anyone want to take me to a match?
10) make Positive Link my full time job (re-launch comin‘ soon!)
– WIP – as the year developed my plan for PLink changed, its evolved…
By my maths…
SUCCESS = 4
FAIL = 4
WIP = 2
Final score = SUCCESS – FAIL = 4 – 4 = 0
Erm… is that right? I guess you win some, you lose some!
2007 really was an average year overall, I like that…
EDIT – or do I? maybe i was a bit harsh, to not buy property could be seen as a success as it could quite likely of been a bad move… the bike ride clashing with a wedding wasn’t my fault either.. hmm… maybe its a +2??
Ok lets make some for 2008… first the ones from last year I want to carry over
1) Buy freehold for this place
2) make *super secret project formerly known as PLink* my full time job
3) Go to a football/rugby match
4) Publish the eBook
5) Swim Pier 2 Pier again, beating my time (health permitting)
6) ………. tbc?
ah well, 5 is a start.
HAVE A GREAT NEW YEARS EVE EVERYONE – SEE YOU IN 2008