I get A LOT of junk emails, from spam in its truest sense “Cheapest V1agra here” and “Cialis online” (what the hell is Cialis anyway???) through newsletters on all sorts of subjects (which mainly I did sign up for but often don’t read – hmm) and then the final category of junk… the dreaded “FWD: fwd: FW: fwd: Message attached: FWD….”
Dreaded? you ask… allow me to explain…
Yes, some of them are fine… and I know you mean well… but with me, you gotta be really careful… see its a pet hate of mine, when people blindly send on emails “so n so’s sisters dogs walkers next door neighbours uncle is a lawyer and he said it’s true so…”
If I sent you an email, saying the world was going to end, would you believe me? Would you send it on to everyone you knew… so that they could send it on ad nauseum?? No (although with some of the people I know, I do wonder!).
I know I’ve talked about this before, but there is a slight tangent today, I promise…
Someone sent me some random facts… of the 15, I knew that 5 were not true… now, what’s wrong with me? I wanted to email them back and say “actually, this ones not true because…”etc etc…
why can’t I just let it lie… so for the sake of my sanity… some random facts, that I know are urban myths, and if I wanted to I could check the others but I’m busy…
4. A ducks quack doesn’t echo, No one knows why!
– yes it does, go to your local duck pond, put you and a duck inside an upturned boat and then try n tell me the frickin thing doesn’t a) quack a lot and b) that those quacks don’t echo!
8. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was never a recorded Wendy before.
– oh please… Wendy is blatantly derived from the celtic for white “gwen” also derived into: Gwendolin, Guinovere etc Look it up if you really want.
10. The original name for a Butterfly was Flutterby
– nope, I remember seeing it in an olde english poem as: “buttorfleoge” – don’t ask why I remember that… I don’t know!
12. Chewing gum whilst peeling onions will keep you from crying.
– tried this once, didn’t work
14. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages it.
– oh please